There are many people in the world who deserve our gratitude. Beginning with our parents and teachers, we owe a lot to the veterans as well those who have laid down their lives for the country. They stand vigil so that we can sleep in peace.
There are innumerable ways of expressing our gratitude to the veterans, here’s some ideas:
- Take pride in flying the Flag: Nothing can stir their hearts more than seeing the Flag flutter in all its glory. Fly the flag with a great sense of pride and give the respect it deserves.
- Express your heartfelt gratitude directly: The veterans put their life at stake so that you can live peacefully. If you know any of them, call him personally and express your heartfelt thanks.
- Hire a veteran: You might just need a person to work in your business enterprise. Hiring a veteran should be a great idea. These people can assure you of honesty, integrity and discipline every time.
- Correspond with a soldier: A soldier cherishes any letter received. A simple Thank You letter can serve as a hug that may be needed.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the veteran’s family: The veteran’s families make the ultimate sacrifices as well. They too, deserve their share of gratitude.
Spend the entire Memorial Day remembering the sacrifices made by the Army personnel. Without them, no country is safe.